Tuesday 22 November 2011

ENGLISH YEAR 1 UNIT20: THE HARE AND THE TORTOISE


SECTION1: Story Time

The Tortoise and the Hare

The Hare was once boasting of his speed before the other animals. 
"I have never yet been beaten," said he, "when I put forth my full 
speed. I challenge any one here to race with me."
     The Tortoise said quietly, "I accept your challenge."
     "That is a good joke," said the Hare; "I could dance round you 
all the way."
     "Keep your boasting till you've won," answered the Tortoise. 
"Shall we race?"
     So a course was fixed and a start was made. The Hare darted 
almost out of sight at once, but soon stopped and, to show his 
contempt for the Tortoise, lay down to have a nap. The Tortoise
 plodded on and plodded on, and when the Hare awoke from his 
nap, he saw the Tortoise just near the winning-post and could 
not run up in time to save the race.
     Then the Tortoise said: "Slow but steady progress wins the race."

SECTION2: Let's perform

SECTION3: The Hare & The Tortoise Puppet & MYBOOK
Puppets for Hare & Tortoise by students 1M

Mybook by students 1M
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 FUN ENGLISH LEARNING CORNER. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase